Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
Serves: 3 dozen
These rich bourbon balls are a festive holiday dessert. The bourbon flavor gets mellower with time, so make these at least one week ahead.
- 3 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- Powdered sugar
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Stir in corn syrup and bourbon. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls;
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- Store in an airtight container.
Note: Beware–these little morsels pack a punch. The bourbon flavor gets mellower with time, so make these at least one week ahead.