Dave’s Fish Beer Batter
Author: Dave H
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Four medium size fish fillets
- Peanut oil for deep-frying as it has a high smoke point, also using an iron pot will keep the temperature more stable.
- 2 cups gram flour (Chickpea Flour)
- 1/2-teaspoon Cayenne Pepper powder or for a light smoky flavor use 1/2-teaspoon Chipotle Chile Pepper
- 1/2-teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/2 cups full body beer, allow to reach room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons grape seed oil
- Combine the first four ingredients; gram flour, pepper powder, garlic powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Whip warm beer, eggs, and grape seed oil.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the whipped mixture.
- Mix well to make a smooth batter. If too thick add a little more beer.
- Completely coat the fish in the batter and deep fry in the peanut oil between 375º F to 380º F, fry until the fish are golden brown when the fish are done they will be floating in the oil.